Tuesday 25 September 2018

Review: Silent Child

Silent Child Silent Child by Sarah A. Denzil
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Silent Child
This book came highly recommended, which was sourly disappointing.

I have to say the authors style of writing in this novel was good, but I knew from the beginning what happened and who was responsible, which left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm a crime/suspense genre reader and lover of films, so I'm not easily surprised by most works, but this was way too easy to figure out. Too many hints, coincidences and just plain telling the reader who did it. It's unfortunate, but true.

I did finish the story which is a nod to the authors writing ability because generally when I've figured out the plot I put the book down, but this one kept me reading, which again is the a nod to the style of writing. I will probably read another by this author hoping the next mystery won't be so obvious.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment