Wednesday 11 November 2015

Inheritance: A Psychological Mystery and Suspense ThrillerInheritance: A Psychological Mystery and Suspense Thriller by Thomas Wymark


What an intriguing read this book turned out to be. From the first page I was hooked trying to figure out what was really happening. The author had me guessing for quite some time about the mental status of the main character. I truly believed the book was heading in one direction, but half-way through the story took a sudden twist.

It’s interesting when you think you’ve figured out what is going to happen within a story to find out you were utterly wrong. The old saying, ‘nothing is what it seems,’ was on repeat in my mind while reading this novel.

The overuse of description at times had me skimming a few pages and I believe there is a fine line between too little description to move the story forward and not enough to visualize the story. The ability to balance the two becomes very difficult when writing a mystery novel. This novel was well written, quite an easy read with an ending sure to shock you.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment